Trouble including USB camera driver in x86 WEC7 OSDesign

Jul 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I've had to make some tweaks to get this to load and I still can't get it to build.

Firstly, usbcam.pbcxml and jpeg2rgb.pbcxml should be updated to use variables instead of an absolute path to the project files.  I used:

<Project>$(_PUBLICROOT)\ThirdParty\Catalog\USBCam\...

Next, In Windows Embedded Compact 7, the macro $(PROJECTROOT)\cesysgen is no longer valid in a sources file. Instead, to access sysgen output from a sources file, use $(SG_OUTPUT_ROOT).  I modified the sources files like this...

SOURCELIBS=\   

$(SG_OUTPUT_ROOT)\sdk\lib\$(_CPUINDPATH)\coredll.lib\

Now that the Usbcam and MJPEGFilter projects load into VS2008SP1, I try to build and find that Usbcam builds successfully, but MJPEGFilter fails with errors:

Error 3 strmbase.lib(wxutil.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysAllocString referenced in function _WriteBSTR c:\wince700\public\thirdparty\catalog\usbcam\mjpegfilter\bldsys.log 43Error 4 strmbase.lib(wxutil.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysFreeString referenced in function _FreeBSTR c:\wince700\public\thirdparty\catalog\usbcam\mjpegfilter\bldsys.log 44

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Thank you for the comments.I modified the source and checked the same here.

Also i fixed the error which you  are getting above.Add the following library in the 'sources' file of the MJPEGFilter.

$(SG_OUTPUT_ROOT)\sdk\lib\$(_CPUINDPATH)\oleaut32.lib\

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Hi,

I am new to Windows Embedded Compact 2013 development.
I installed Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 and Windows Embedded Compact 2013 and Application Builder for Windows Embedded Compact.
I have created default "OSdesign1" using Visual Studio and added this USBcam project as sub-project under OSDesign1.
I am getting following error while building the subproject:
BUILD: [01:0000001451:ERRORE] NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'C:\WINCE800\OSDesigns\OSDesign1\OSDesign1\Wince800\CEPC_x86_Retail\cesysgen\oak\lib\x86\retail\usbd.lib' {log="C:\WINCE800\build.log(56)"}

I am confused about two things:
  1. Why is it trying to build "usbd.lib" ? The subproject will not be build as standalone application instead of .lib?
  2. If I build the entire OSDesign1 incuding sub project, then it gives error: "Could not find usb.dll"
What am I missing here?